How easy is it to make apple pie?
It makes you look like you are a complete whiz in the kitchen.
And makes the kitchen smell absolutely wonderful.
Apple pie makes people happy. So many people have good memories of apple pie, some due to books and movies as well as Grandmothers and Aunties. There are many, many ways to make an apple pie, some more demanding than others, and there is a time and place in which it is appropriate to choose the harder route. But generally, as far as apple pie is concerned, I tend to choose the easy option!
This is how I make Apple pie in nine easy steps :
- Slice peeled and cored apples into a pie plate.
- Tuck in cinnamon quills or cloves.
- Sprinkle over some sugar to your taste.
- Cover with puff pastry.
- Decorate to make it look even prettier.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Brush with beaten egg or milk.
- Cook at 180°c for 25 minutes.
- Eat with cream.